Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Practice Sheet of Verbs



VERBS

VERBS are ACTION words that describes action
or tell what something is doing.

Q1 Underline the verb in the following sentences.
1.      I love to swim in the lake.
2.      Do not touch that paper.
3.      She ran across the room.
4.      I want to jump on the trampoline.
5.      A butterfly flew past the window.
6.      My cousin came to my house yesterday.
7.      He sat in the first row.
8.      I told my mother about the homework.
9.      She was crying.
10.  They broke the vase.

Q2 Choose the correct simple present tense to fill in the blank.

1.      Allen _________________ air in the balloon.( fill, fills)

2.      Katie ___________________ out of the window. (yell, Yells)

3.      I ___________________ my hand. (raise , raises)

4.      They ______________ in the garden everyday. (play, plays)

5.      We _______________ to school in the morning. (go, goes)

6.      Fatima ________________ her work regularly. (do, does)

7.      My little sister _______________ if she is hungry (cry, cries)

8.      She ____________ to market in the evening. (walk, walks)





Q 3 Fill in the blank with the correct present continuous tense (ing)
Don’t forget to add ‘is, are, am)
1.      She _____________ the vegetables in the sink. ( wash)

2.      My father ___________________ to the office. (go)

3.      I ___________________ an interesting movie. (watch)

4.      They ________________ the garden. (clean)

5.      Rahul __________________ with Rohan. (eat)

6.      We ____________________ the wall. (paint)

7.      Tina and Meena ________________ their lunch. (have)

8.      The children _________________ (write)


PAST TENSE

Change these words to past tense words.

1.      Run __________

2.      Write ___________

3.      jump ___________

4.      fly ___________

5.      break ___________

6.      eat ___________

7.      talk ___________

8.      laugh ___________

9.      sleep ____________

10.  play _____________


Q4 Rewrite each sentence by changing the present tense words to past tense.

1.      My mother buys vegetables

2.      The little boy draws a picture of a lion.

3.      The driver drives the bus to the school.

4.      They eat lunch in the classroom.

5.      They look for the missing child.

6.      The farmer grows corn in his field.


No comments:

Post a Comment