Living and Non-living
1 . Answer the following:-
Q1. What are living things? Give example.
Ans: Living things are things that are alive .For eg.animals,plants,germs,insects,birds, etc.
2. What are non-living things?
Ans: Non-living things are those things that are not alive or made from things that were once alive.
Q3. Write the similarities between living and non-living things.
Ans: Similarities are:
a) Both are made up of matter.
b) They occupy space and have weight.
Q4. Difference between living and Non-Living.
1)They grow up to a certain age.
Eg: A seed grow to a plant and then becomes a tree.
1)They do not grow.
2) they do not reproduce.
3)Need food and water.
3) Do not need food and water.
4)They respond to physical changes in their environment.
4) They do not respond.
5) Do not move on its own.
6) Need air to breathe
6)They do not breathe.
Q.2. Fill in the Blanks:-
1) Living and non-living things occupy space and have weight.
2) The human body works as a system that works together.
3) Ears and nose grow continuously throughout the life.
4) Adult body has 206 bones while a baby has 300 bones .
5) Leaves of plants breathe through pores and fish through their gills.
Q3. Write the name of different systems and their functions.
a) Respiratory system: Helps us to breathe and gives us energy.
b) Circulatory system: Circulate blood in the body.
c) Nervous system: Allows information to flow in the human body.
d) Muscular system: helps us to move.
e) Skeletal system: It provides strength and stability to our body.
f)Digestive system:- Breaks food into smaller parts and releases energy from it.
g)Excretory system: Helps to remove solid waste and urine from the
Q.4 State true or false:
1) Living things need food and water but no air to live. false
2) Non-Living things can respond naturally to changes in the environment. false
3) Human body works like a big system. true
4) There are five sense organs in the human body. true
5) Non-living things can grow on their own. False
Q5. Give Reasons:
1. Plants do not move from one place to another, still they are called as living things.
Ans: Plants do not move from one place to another which is an exception. But they posses all the other characteristics of living thing.
2. Mountain grows in size, yet they are considered as non-living things.
Ans: Mountains grow in size because of decomposition of dust particles, earthquakes and other natural calamities.