1.Name some natural enemies?
Ans. Mongoose – snakes, owl – mouse, owl – crow, cat– mouse, dog – cat, etc
2. Why it was believed that a dog and an elephant could never be friends?
Ans. Elephants did not like dogs and the dogs were too afraid of elephants.
3.Who is a bull elephant?
Ans . An adult male elephant.
4.Where did the stray dog live?
Ans. In the neighbourhood of the elephant shed.
5.What attracted the stray dog?
Ans. The smell of the sweet rice being fed to the royal elephant.
6.Why did the dog begin sneaking into the elephant’s shed?
Ans.To eat the rice that fell from the elephant’s mouth.
7.How did the elephant and the dog spend time together?
And. They became best friends, they ate together, and the dog sat on the elephant’s trunk and the elephant swung the dog up and down and from side to side, they were soon inseparable.
8.Who wanted to make extra money and how?
Ans. The mahout wanted to make extra money by selling the dog.
9. Why was the elephant sad?
Ans. His friend, the dog had been separated from him.
10. Why was the mahout worried about the elephant? Ans. The elephant refused to eat, drink or bathe.
11.What idea did the minister give to the king?
Ans. The minister told the king to make an official announcement that whoever was found with the dog would be heavily fined.
12. What happened after the official announcement? Ans. The person released the dog immediately.
13. What did the dog do after getting released from the man?
Ans. The dog came running back to his best friend, the Royal elephant.
14.What did the elephant do after seeing the dog?
Ans. He picked him up with his trunk and made him sit on top of his head.