L- 8 Inside the Earth
1. Crust : The layer made up of solid rocks is called crust.
2. Mantle: The thickest layer made up of molten or liquefied rock is called mantle.
3. Core: The part of the earth made up of minerals like iron and nickel. There are two types of core
i) outer core –liquid in state
ii) inner core – solid in state
Question and answers:
1. What is the exterior of the earth made up of?
Ans The exterior of the earth is made up of mountains, plains, plateaus, valleys, desert etc.
2. What is the interior of the earth made up of?
Ans. The interior of the earth is made up of three layers- Crust, mantle and core.
3. Name the two types of the core.
Ans. The types of the core are – outer core and inner core.
4. What is the difference between the outer and the inner core?
1. It is in the solid state.
1. It is in the liquid state.
2. It consist of solid rocks
2. It consist of liquefied rocks.
Fill up the blanks.
1. The study of the interior of the earth is known as geology.
2. The deepest drill into the earth is on the Kola peninsula in Arctic Russia.
3. The interior of the earth increases with the depth.
4. The molten state of rock is a thick liquid.
5. The interior of the earth has excessive heat and high pressure.
Answer in brief:
1. What are the causes of pollution?
Ans : The causes of pollution are
Ø cutting down trees
Ø throwing waste in the rivers,
Ø smoke coming out of factories etc.
2. How can we protect our environment?
Ans. We can protect our environment by
Ø growing more trees
Ø not throwing factory waste in the water